Are you looking to get ahead of competition and identify new areas of growth? Jump start innovation and get your team to think out-of-the-box with proven tools and techniques that will help you or your organisation to achieve innovation breakthroughs. Join this globally-recognised certification workshop from the Global Innovation Management Institute (GIMI). Attend with your teams to jump start the innovation journey and create robust business concepts.
- Learn tools and techniques to generate innovation breakthroughs
- Create and capture new value in the business eco system from innovating the business model to making changes in production, offering, delivery and markets
- Identify components of innovation breakthroughs—basic human needs, emerging trends, business models and combined capabilities
- Use different thinking styles at each step of the creative problem solving process
- Define growth gaps and targets for strategic innovation focus.
- Identify insights inside and outside the company. Structure ideas in a Business Opportunity Map
- Identify new and exciting strategic spaces to drive future growth (Fields-of-Play) and generate new business concepts
- Create a compelling business case and value proposition pitch
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who wants to broaden their capabilities in innovation, build a career in innovation, or help their organization become a leader and high performer in both the creation and capture of business value via business innovation and innovation strategies.
3 days, starting at 9am and ending at 5pm
The Level 1 certification workshop will cover:
Module 1: Demystifying innovation
- Identify the need to capture innovation premiums and become the company to invest in, the brand to buy, the partner of choice and a great place to work
- Define the innovation ecosystem which is not only changes in offerings or technology but also changes in business models, partners, experience, delivery and markets
- Recognise what constitutes an innovation breakthrough focusing on four key components: trends, needs, business models and combined capabilities
Module 2: Innovation techniques and creative problem solving
- Generate more and better ideas using a structured approach for creative problem solving
- Practise building your own innovation technique through creative combinations of compelling trends, basic human needs and simple yet proven business models for creating new value across the innovation value chain
Module 3: Innovation breakthrough process
- Review the methodology behind an innovation breakthrough process
- Define a clear innovation focus using 5-step process
- Innovation intent: Define growth target and strategic trusts
- Opportunity Insights: Identify trends and insights, organise and structure in a Business Opportunity Map (BOM)
- Fields-of-Play: Identify and prioritise new areas for the company to play in
- Business Concepts: Generate new business concepts and select the best to recommend
- Business Case: Create a compelling and visual presentation of value proposition
Certification workshop and Level 1 Certification exam
Four levels of certification
Level 1 certification is designed to teach you about the use of idea generation tools – how you could apply them to process of creating more and better ideas (or “dots”).
You will also learn the components of innovation process, and practise creating your own or team’s innovation breakthroughs.
Level 2 certification will bring together level 1 learning to be applied to a real-world issue/challenge.
To attain this certification, you will need to submit for approval a project that applies both idea generation tools and components of innovation breakthrough process.
Level 3 certification is designed to help innovation manager or business manager succeed in the area of innovation strategy, innovation capacity and innovation discipline.
You will learn the components of each of the three core competencies of innovation management, and practise them.
Level 4 certification will bring together Level 3 learning to be applied to a real-world issue/challenge.
To attain this certification, you will need to submit for approval a project that applies the tools, concepts and frameworks learned and then come up with solutions in managing innovation in organisations.
Benefits of Certification
- Globally recognized – GIMI credential is the only designed specifically for innovation and globally recognized.
- Universal innovation skills – Relevant worldwide, giving individuals the flexibility to use their knowledge, skills and competencies everywhere regardless of job responsibilities or career levels.
- Increased marketability – Certified individuals represent a unique cadre of trained innovators with proven innovation ability to manage innovation across and beyond the organisation.
- Improved job readiness – Development of knowledge, skills, and confidence to innovate.
- Like-minded community – Access to the GIMI’s global network and certified professionals.
Join our upcoming public workshops
Participate in our interactive, engaging and hands-on workshop.
Our curriculum is also embedded in MBA and Masters programme at top universities.