Strategy Implementation Certification Workshop
LEADING TO MANAGEMENT CONSULTING INSTITUTE LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATION
The relentless forces of changing customer needs, globalization, cost containment, deregulation, and technological change, combined with the drive for sustainable profitable growth require companies to continually rethink their business strategies. More than 70% of these new strategies are poorly implemented and have not been realized.
This course is about techniques and methodologies for improving the success rate of realizing the goals of a company’s newly formulated strategy. It is not about strategy formulation nor about strategy execution but the link (perhaps the missing link) between the two. This course is about developing the optimal design for executing and realizing that strategy using the REALIZETM Strategy Execution Methodology.
The course will combine learning in the classroom, case studies, readings and implementation simulations.
The LEVEL 3 certification programme is designed for senior leadership, managers and project leaders who need a structured methodology in executing their strategy and driving organizational change.
REALIZETM is a proprietary framework and methodology for designing a strategy execution and implementation plan.
REALIZETM is an acronym for specific business elements key for ensuring a successful implementation.
- Robust Strategy
- Enablers for Change
- Approach for Change
- Leading the Change
- Individual & Team Competencies
- Maintaining Zeal
- Ensure Accountability
At the end of the workshop, participants would be able to:
- R Critic and evaluate the robustness of a strategy and use the framework and process for implementing their strategy
- E Identify enablers, triggers and barriers for change and access organizational readiness for change
- A Classify key elements for implementation strategy and organization
- L Coach leadership to “walk-the-talk” and communicate effectively in difficult situations
- I Develop a make, collaborate or buy capabilities acquisition strategy
- Z Select activities that could be used as quick wins
- E Align individual actions to strategy
Practice the frameworks, tools and methodologies used by Management Consultants in approaching the implementation design challenge.
- Challenges of Implementation
- Strategy Realization Framework
- REALIZE Strategy Execution Methodology
- What is Strategy?
ENABLERS FOR CHANGE
- Impact of resistance on change efforts
- Unwritten rules of the game
- Review “Heart of Change”
APPROACH FOR CHANGE
- Understanding the need for speed, conform and buy-in for the strategy
- Selecting to Flying Solo, Long March or Big Bang
LEADING THE CHANGE
- Coaching leadership
- Productive conversations
INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM COMPETENCIES
- Developing high performance teams
- Defining competencies and Capabilities plan for the new strategy
- Elements of a communication plan
- Quick Wins
- Balance score cards
Revise key concepts, familiarize with the exam format, and prepare for MCI Level 3 exam.
MCI LEVEL 3 EXAMINATION
Take the two-hour online exam, comprising of 100 multiple choice questions (Please bring own laptop).
- An end-to-end structured approach to strategy implementation—from identifying the strategy robustness to ensuring accountability and responsibility for initiatives.
- A robust, comprehensive and practical methodology designed by consultants for consultants, taught at universities at the MBA/ DBA level.
- Globally-recognized certification and pathway to professionalism in Management Consulting.
More information on MCI here.
MCI CERTIFICATION PATHWAY
- Complete Course Work
- Pass Level 1 Certification Exam
- Complete Level 1 Certification
- Approved Applicationand Completed Action Project
- Complete Level 2 Certification
- Approved Advanced Course Work
- Pass Level 3 Certification Exam
- Complete Level 3 Certification
- Approved Application & Completed Secondary Action Project
The methodology taught in the MCI Level 3 certification workshop applies to Level 4 certification, which is an action project that builds on the learnings of Level 3.